In 1915, our founder and great-grandfather, Andy Raust, established himself as a master craftsman who worked diligently to produce beautiful engravings and designs. As his reputation and business grew, he hired an apprentice - Bill McConnell - whose hard work and ethics soon earned the trust of Andy’s clients and won the heart of Andy’s daughter.
At the end of WWII, Bill opened his first retail jewelry store in the Syndicate Building in Oakland. The business flourished and as Bill Jr. began working with his dad and grandfather, word of mouth continued to spread about William McConnell & Son, The King’s Jewelers.
In 1975, Bill Jr. began the next chapter of The King’s Jewelers when he opened our second store in Walnut Creek. This new location proved so successful that Bill Sr. closed the store in Oakland with plans to retire, but soon he found himself assisting Bill Jr. in Walnut Creek because he loved the jewelry and his clients so much.
The fourth generation of McConnell’s - Dave, Cathy and Craig McConnell - took the reins and moved The King's Jewelers to its current location in 2009. Currently, you'll find Dave, his wife Laura, and even glimpses of the fifth generation proudly continuing the traditions.
Jewelry styles change with time, but the trust and integrity of our family will remain the same as it was in 1915.